The moment you step into a spa you’ll experience a wave of calm and relaxation. Every element from the paint on the walls to the scent in the air is chosen to encourage a specific mood. If you’re looking to design a similar soothing space in your home, follow these decor tips!
1. Add an aromatherapy element. The scent is one of the easiest ways to create a relaxing mood for your at-home spa experience. Professionals recommend scents like lavender or chamomile, which can help you relax, as well as eucalyptus for its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Add a few drops to your bathwater, purchase a diffuser with the scent, or spray the room.
2. Fill the space with soothing sounds. Ever wonder why most spas have a bubbling fountain feature? That’s because the soft and repetitive sounds of the water are something you can really zone out to. Use your favorite music app to find similar sounds, but avoid anything too acoustic or a song with lyrics.
3. Bring elements of nature inside. Fill your space with natural textures and organic elements, like pebbles and wood. Live plants are beautiful and will help freshen the air. Prints of nature will reflect that into a more peaceful surrounding. The subliminal mind is much more aware than we give it credit for.
4. Wrap yourself with fluffy towels and a robe. White, fluffy towels are a spa essential. They resonate with luxury and cleanliness and an environment that is welcoming. While you might think bleach is required to keep your whites bright, most spas just use super hot water for sanitization. You can also add an affordable towel warmer to your bathroom arsenal to avoid a cold shock after leaving the bath.
5. Dim the space with mood lighting. To look up and see fluorescent or harsh lighting or a dirty vent takes away from the experience.” To give the room a more relaxing vibe, dim the lights. You can also add candlelight or light up the fireplace. But, you don’t want the room to be too dark, or you may fall asleep!
6. Try a DIY beauty recipe. You can create a relaxing body soak using Epsom salts and essential oil. Depending on the intention of your bath, add a few drops of essential oils to enhance the benefits of the Epsom salt. For your face, you can whip up Young’s favorite exfoliating recipe, which is a simple mix of sugar and coconut oil. Finish off your treatment with a spritz of rose water.
Looking for must-know information about health, finances, family life, and more? End your search with this blog, delivered to you by the team at Enclave at Roswell Apartments in Roswell, Georgia.