For a filling, healthy lunch idea that can be customized to fit your tastes and dietary needs, look no further than the classic, always delicious chicken salad. Chicken salad offers home chefs a great way to use up extra cooked chicken and veggies, while also serving as a light, summer-ready meal. Check out the recipe for No-Fuss Chicken Salad below!
• 4 cups diced cooked chicken
• 1 stalk celery, diced
• 4 scallions, thinly sliced or 1/4 cup sweet onion, diced
• 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon or fresh dill
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 2 teaspoons kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
1. Toss together the chicken, celery, scallions, dill and parsley in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add to the dressing to the chicken mixture and stir gently until combined. Your completed salad will most likely be lukewarm. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. To serve your delicious chicken salad, try it between two pieces of sandwich bread or served over a bed of greens with tomatoes.
On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at Enclave at Roswell Apartments in Roswell, Georgia encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.